Sunday, February 26, 2006

Dublin riots






What I saw yesterday in Dublin was absolutely amazing. I knew that something could happen, but I never imagined that might be something so strong.
Violence; attacking with fire-works, rocks, metal barricades, and bottles; 14 gardai and civilians injured; milions of euro in damages: that's just a small part of what happened yesterday in Dublin.

In my opinion, the main fault is for the Irish Government to allow this kind of provocation. How can they allow a march in the main street of Dublin knowing what's going on each year in Ulster? How can they allow this provocations? Didn't they know what could happen? Absolutely they did!! I don't want to be bad but I would even think that the Irish government allowed the unionist march to win the sooner elections. They knew that Sinn Fein was winning more and more simpathy among the Irish people. Today, in all the newspapers, we could see that the medias were saying that Sinn Fein was responsible for what happened, as some of the people who were in the riods supported that political group.

Of course I hate violence and I am absolutely against all what happened yesterday, but what's also true is that people can't be with their arms crossed seeing how the enemy is laughing just in front of them.

No comments: